Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Don O'Neil

(1924-2007)


On a whim me and my boyfriend decided to visit the local Riverside Art Museum just to go out and have fun, but there I discovered an artist who's paintings have brought me to the realization that watercolors are my favorite form of painting.







I couldn't take my eyes off of the beautiful layers of colors that were put into each of his paintings, and the details were amazing as well. I think it is the layering of translucent colors that draw me to these kinds of paintings

Its quite obvious the detail that is put into the 1st painting, but when you see it live your blown away by the way watercolors can make these beautiful details. This one was one of my favorites.

The artist is Don O'Neill who was a local painter in the Riverside area. He was originally an architect but he did his watercolor paintings on the side to express his true artistic talents. He found that through his watercolor paintings he could find a true spiritual appreciation of life. And even after his death in 2007 he is still honored by many watercolor societies.

No comments:

Post a Comment