Sunday, November 20, 2011

Colleen Atwood



One thing I think I've seriously overlooked in fashion and art is costume design!!!



So I did some digging and so far I'm in love with the designs of Colleen Atwood.


She has won many awards as a costume designer and she has worked many times with Tim Burtan.


One of my favorites are her work in Alice in Wonderland, Memoirs of a Geisha, Sweeney Todd, Chicago, and Edward Schissorhands.


Of course her impressive resume is more then that but those are just my favorites.


I don't think most of us see the way the clothes themselves in the movie create the visual for the overall picture. Its something I think we all seriously overlook and don't appreciate. From creating looks to make a pirate to simply old classics like Casablanca. I mean what would ANY movie be like if they walked around in patatoe sacks without someone to design the look and feel of the movie????

No comments:

Post a Comment